How The Program Works
At the Quitline, we understand the challenges you face in trying to quit tobacco. We have the experience and resources to help you quit for good. Here’s what sets our program apart:
- The Quitline is free. The cost is paid by your public health department, health plan, or employer.
- The Quitline is based on proven strategies. We have already helped more than 1.5 million people in their quit journey.
- The Quitline is self-paced and customized for each person. You decide the details of your plan such as how often you speak with a quit coach and whether you use quit medications.
- The Quitline is staffed by trained coaches, all of whom have completed rigorous Tobacco Treatment Specialist training.
- The Quitline is operated by National Jewish Health, the leading respiratory hospital in the United States.
- Set a quit date
- Tell other people about your quit
- Anticipate and prepare for triggers
- Get back on track after setbacks
- Remove tobacco from your life
Commitment is Everything!
Take this short quiz to estimate your level of commitment to quitting tobacco. Based on your score, we’ll give you feedback on steps to start, re-start, or continue your quit journey.